Side contol mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side contol mount

Recently been having issues with a sticky shifter and took it apart to see what was wrong with it. I could not figure it out and so i took it to local marine supply store. I was told that the drive shaft was no good but part # 0174921 is obsolete and was given # 5006561 to purchase as replacement. I have received item and now have issues trying to attach cables. I have noticed that the throttle and shift cable are too long and the attachments are different. I have tried to attach by changing shift pins with loops and noticed that I extended the cables and now does not seem to align in proper shift positions. One was i given the correct information on purchasing this new side mount and if so what am I missing or need to correct. Please advise me on what to do? Also noticed that that when I shift throttle forward on the new control mount it pushes out on the throttle body. Which is different, the old side mount would pull in.

Usually the control boxes can be setup to either push or pull. There is a cable adaptor kit, p/n: 0174925
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X