2000 25HP 3cyl. random shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 25HP 3cyl. random shut down

Motor starts and runs excellent 98% of the time but has in the past, and again today died as if the ignition was shut off. Today it ran most of the day and then in the afternoon it died. Spent a few minutes and got it running, started to motor slowly and then opened up and then it died. Not a tapering off shut down similar to out of fuel but a very abrupt as if the ignition was shut down. Proceeded to get it started and have it die 6 or 7 more times but shut down started happening at lower RPM's as it went on, never at idle but just off of idle. It then let me run it for approx. 10 minutes at partial throttle and started acting up again. Had a friend tow me towards the ramp for around 30-40 minutes then it started up and ran the last 3/4 of a mile at WOT like nothing ever happened. This same thing happened two years ago but it only died twice and hasn't happened since. On a more frequent event it seems to drop one cylinder just off of idle at least once every time out. Some times just need to drop it to complete idle for a few seconds or rev it in neutral and it comes back. Other times have had to pull the cover and wiggle plug wires or coil wires. Could these problems be related? Help

try cleaning the battery cables first

if not you have a fueling issue

Comment

25 hp shut down

I am having the identicle problem, what did you do to fix it?

Comment

Working...
      X