Disconnected VRO on 87 140hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnected VRO on 87 140hp

Hey guys, I bought a 1987 johnson 140. I was not there to make the purchase, but was started and running before purchase was made. Anyway I got everything worked except the VRO. I'm not sure if it's disconnecteded or not. I'm thinking it is already disconnected. I can't find a electrical wire running to it. I tried to upload a picture but it kept saying it failed.

Looking at the VRO from the side. There is a inlet on the left that is open, on the right side is what Im thinking is the outlet, and what's on top is what I'm thinking is the pulse port. Problem is this doesn't seem to match anything I have come across for details.

The first series of VRO pumps did not have any wires connected to them. There should be an oil supply line attached to an oil tank if it is connected. If you are not sure if its working then you can premix fuel and mark the oil level in tank to see if its pulling oil from the tank (it will be running rich if it is). If it does not pull any oil from the tank then there is a VRO failure for some reason.

Comment

Working...
    X