1987 gt150 water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 gt150 water leak

I picked up a old 1987 procraft with a johnson gt150. My first boat.. I only used it 3 times in the fall. But put alot of miles on up and down a river . Seemed to run fine. Getting ready to put up for winter I noticed water coming out of the bottom of the exhaust cover. Looking online, i see the inner and outer exhaust gasket, which I will buy. My question is what would cause this beyond just bolts loosening up? Will or would it cause damage and what should I look for or inspect?. Hopefully it will be just some gaskets and all better... hopefully. .. also... does anyone know the rpms at wot? Seems like I should be going faster than 45 mph.

Thanks

Check to see if the rear is warped while you have it off when changing gaskets. I had same problem (on a 1985 150GT) I needed to torque the bolts and problem went away for me.

Comment

About 5500-5800 PRM should be your WOT. I am at about 57MPh with a 24 Raker Prop on a 1985 Ranger 375V.

Comment

Ok, thanks, what about this?

Im not sure what it's suppose to look like inside. I guess to me it doesn't look terrible in there for almost 30 years. should I try to clean this up?

Comment

exhaust side don't know is I would risk scratching anything near there. I would use a good decarb in the gas to clean it out. If it's not causing you any problems then I would not risk taking thing apart that don't need to be. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
          X