1993 140 Spark Advance Linkage Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 140 Spark Advance Linkage Assembly

Need to replace the spark advance linkage assembly and it looks like they are as rae as hens teeth. Spoke to a salvage yard this morning and says they have a newer model but can not confirm it will work. Any ideas on this elusive part

thanks
    BH

If you look up your part # above, on boats.net or most other part sites, you can click on your part, or part #, this should give you a list of all the motors (both Johnson & evinrude) that your part was used on, from size of motors and the year of motor.
    You might also google that part #, with the item name, and that may show up what you're in need of?

This might give you some insight if that newer motor linkage would fit your motor properly? Or, give you more possibilities for your search.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarman View Post
      If you look up your part # above, on boats.net or most other part sites, you can click on your part, or part #, this should give you a list of all the motors (both Johnson & evinrude) that your part was used on, from size of motors and the year of motor.
      You might also google that part #, with the item name, and that may show up what you're in need of?

This might give you some insight if that newer motor linkage would fit your motor properly? Or, give you more possibilities for your search.

Good luck.
      Thank you I see numerous engines that will fit . I will begin my search local

Comment

Was able to locate one at a local salvage yard here in Maine. Turned out not to be the problem though. It was the timing base itself. There was a bit of corrosion on the dellrin ring that was causing it not to advance a little bit of cleaning up with a brass brush some electric clean and a dab of 3 & 1 oil and she s nice and loose. took her out this afternoon and it ran like a champ.

Comment

Working...
        X