96 o.p 200hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 o.p 200hp

having problem with my 96 ocean runner 200 hp idles fine only hit 3100 and shakes no power to get on plane but does not stall. im having mechanic look at it next week but try the small things myself.anyway some one told me if my oil tank was less than half full it could put me in to slow mode.i have no alarms sounding I am 1/4 tank and my book says I have a blocking diode the should not allow low oil alarm from putting me in slow mode/.
    any thought or truth to this. going to fill and see what happens

Find out if you have a shift position sensor. They were installed on many motors that signal the motor not to go over 3k RPMs if in neutral. If sensor is bad, it may be thinking it's in neutral when in forward, or reverse. It limits RPMs by shutting down spark to some cylinders.

Good luck.

Comment

nope don't think its the shift int.
      had it running and in gear in slip and checked spark plugs all where firing

Comment

Usually the shift sensor won't interrupt firing till it gets to the 3k limit, at that time it drops out certain cylinders.

If as you say plugs all firing at/after 3k, then timing not advancing with throttle. Or fuel is being restricted when throttling up.

Have you checked compression?

Just thoughts on your problem. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X