Oldtimer JHL23A (3hp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldtimer JHL23A (3hp)

Hope somebody could help me with a "users", as I don't understand the purpose of teh two buttons in the front

LEAN>>RICH

I also would like to know if this outboard has a free-run and if this outboard is air-cooled or water cooled

Pls advise

The lean-rich was installed on some earlier small motors for adjusting idle mixture for best idle performance. It is best to set it when motor is warmed up and idling. Adjust for smoothest running idle. Once set, you should just ignore the knob. Or, put your own mark where it runs best.

You probably have a choke knob, and maybe a stop switch, or button?

Boats.net changed their parts Web page, so I am not able to look at the parts for your motor to help you more.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi

I learned it's a watercooled outboard.

Tx for sharing the purpose of the LEAN>>RICH knob

Below that ons there is also one " SPEED" , low >> high , any ideas?

Hope to find somewhere a "users" manual...

Comment

help

Any suggestions on how to repair a housing from a 1979 Johnson 9.9 HP 4 stroke since the part is obsolete. The area on the swivel bracket that holds the lock pin is chipped out so the motor does not lock in place. The pins are bent but can be straightened.

Comment

Buckeye fan, please start your own thread, with your motor info, and problems. It is too difficult to answer problems for one person, and try to respond to another in same thread.

Comment

Spabo, for your low speed- high speed knob, on a 3HP, I can't think of it with out knowing what the knob goes to. It tends to not make much sense?

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X