Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Fast Strike Problem

Hello,
    I have a 1995 Johnson Fast Strike 150. Whenever I get to higher RPMs it cuts out and knocks me back down to about 2000 rpm. No alarm sounds. I let it run at idle for a few minutes and then i am anle to get back to speed but no faster than 30mph or so without cutting out again. It seems like the rev limiter cutting on but i dont get the alarm. I have had the water pump, spark plugs, thermostats, piston o-rings and fuel filters replaced. Compression check is good and there is no warping in the head. Motor is ejecting a constant stream of water and does not SEEM to be overheating. I am at my wits end. I thought about power packs but I'm unsure. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Ground wires at temp sender on engine and turn key on to see if buzzer is working. That sounds like an overheat problem, use a infrared thermometer to see if both heads are even and staying under about 190 degress.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks! Come to find out after taking to dealer and spending $830 without fixing, I found the the port side sensor is bad.

Comment

Working...
      X