Buy Johnson Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

johnson40hp 2 cycle.changed impeller but no water coming out back of outboard still

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnson40hp 2 cycle.changed impeller but no water coming out back of outboard still

I changer the impeller and although the old impeller didn't have a lot of wear, it was stiff.I thought it would fix the fact I was not getting water to exit out the back of the o/b. and the overheating warning light still comes on.I could feel puffs of air coming out but no water,mist at all.I checked the hole for debris or bugs.I shot water through a hose but it just got me wet.its the hole under the 40hp sticker that looks like a bulls nose.Thermostat? clogged hose? any suggestions,bass season is in full stride. Thanks

Could be bad water pump housing, blown head gasket(check compression), stuck thermostat or water passages blocked.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

removed thermostat and ran without alarm sounding.Heads were warm but not hot.water exiting hose on side and a stream from front of motor but still not a lot from back but there is a small flow now.i am going for a barrel and see what happens.hope she runs good.

Comment

Working...
      X