Coils? Fuel filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coils? Fuel filter?

Im about at my witts end. I have a 1992 V4 115 Johnson. It runs great for about 10 to 20 mins ( about 45 MPH) and them it starts to bog. I have rebuilt the carbs, installed new gas tank, added new spark plug wires and it still having this prob. Its starts fairly quick being it a 92 and V4 are supposedly cold starters. I have never changed the filter inside the cowling so I may try that next. Its driving me crazy because it starts great, idles great, runs great for a little while then bogging city! HELP!

If fuel primer bulb is sucking flat then have a fuel restriction, if pumping primer will keep it running then may have a fuel pump problem, if hitting choke helps keep it running then have plugged carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

That's what so frustrating. Bulb is fine and it doesn't die on me. It just loses 80 to 90% of power at full throttle. Starts great , revs up and idles great but at Full throttle and were going maybe 5 to 10 mph. Im no mech but it does sound like its starving for fuel. I think im going to have to bite the bullet and take her in. Was hoping someone may have had this happen to them and had a quick fix. thanks for the advice though.

Comment

Working...
      X