71 johnson 25hp no battery cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 johnson 25hp no battery cables

I received a FREE older arkansas traveler fishing boat. Can't complain the boat is in pretty good shape. I had to tear apart the top half of the motor to replace some beat up spark plug wires but after a day or two i have that finished. Now I am trying to figure out how to connect a battery (i'm guessing this motor needs power just as any other motor does). There are no wires leading from the motor to the inside of the boat and I do not see where any would go in?? I can see that from inside the boat there is a push button, a key type thing (not sure what that is for either) and what i assume is a choke.

Can someone please tell me how to get a battery hooked up to this motor. I have never seen under the hood of an outboard motor befor, took it upon myself to tear this one down, replace wires, and put it back together, i would like to know if it will run or not.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks,
    Kyle

If it's an electric start model then should have a hole in bottom engine cover for battery cables to go in. Connect positive to battery post on starter solenoid and ground cable to engine block.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X