Need wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need wiring help

Hello. I am a newbie so forgive me if I don't do something right.

I think I am a pretty skilled mechanic but I really have little outboard experience. I do know how a simple mag and a 2 or 4 stroke engines work and use all functions of a VOM easily. but I am having trouble this a mid 90's "50" hp wired properly.

I have it running remote key starting nicely. But it does not stop with the key or the emergency stop. (the wire to the emergency stop at the console are not connected.

This is a used engine I got off Ebay 4 or 5 years ago but have not got around to installing it till now. I was told it was a mid 90's 50hp. Now that I am ready to work on getting it rigged I have discovered I cannot find the SN or model identification. I think it was removed when the engine was repainted. And I have lost track to the guy I got it from name and address. So I am my own.

It is a 2 cylinder that looks like a 50hp recently listed on Ebay as a 90"s 50. I do not mean decals alone but I mean under the hood looking at controls, and starter and tilt machinery. It has a single cylinder tilt.. I looks to me it might have had oil injection that has been mostly removed. I have it wired to key start right now but turning the key off or pulling the emergency stop does not stop it. I have not figured out a choke either.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated. I do have a digital repair manual I picked up off Ebay but it has so much stuff and that is nearly impossible for me (so far)to figure out where I am. Uses Johnson names that I do know know like VRO and does not have a glossary..

Again thank you

Page S

Most OMC 2 strokes stop by grounding the black/yellow wire from the ignition module. The kill switch and ignition switch needs to ground that wire to shut off the motor. Keith

Comment

Working...
    X