1961 super seahorse carb.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 super seahorse carb.

I have a 40hp 1961 johnson outboard i inherited from my grandfather. Its been sitting for about ten years but it looks like its in pretty good shape under the hood. I replaced foot oil, fuel filter, points, condensors, pin/seat and the float. I have been able to get it to fire up and run a little bit but it seems to be dumping gas out of the carbirater. I have replace the pin and seat and the float so im not sure why this is happening. For example if i pump the fuel line bulb this will cause gas to start streaming out of the carb air intake. I tried bending the float stopping plate put this didnt help. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

This forum sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Palmer View Post
      I have a 40hp 1961 johnson outboard i inherited from my grandfather. Its been sitting for about ten years but it looks like its in pretty good shape under the hood. I replaced foot oil, fuel filter, points, condensors, pin/seat and the float. I have been able to get it to fire up and run a little bit but it seems to be dumping gas out of the carbirater. I have replace the pin and seat and the float so im not sure why this is happening. For example if i pump the fuel line bulb this will cause gas to start streaming out of the carb air intake. I tried bending the float stopping plate put this didnt help. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sounds like your float level isn't set right, but I have no idea where you would get the specs to set it

Comment

Working...
      X