72 100 hp elect shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 72 100 hp elect shift

I am new to the boat world, worked on construction equip for 20 yrs. got the eng running great, when running with muffs / garden hose it shifts pefect. put in river to unload and no nuetral or reverse. brought home hooked up hose/muff and shift worked fine. I had just changed oil (premium) from dealer. so i thought maybe was slow to prime pump. went back to river and still only forward, no nuetral or reverse. got back home tried it on muffs and forward and nuetral work reverse is trying to work but looks like no power when it tries to go. Any help is appreciated. My goal is to get this in good shape for my son thats getting out of the army in 72 days. he exstended his enlistment so he could deploy to afganistan with the 1st infantry div. he loves to fish and we live 3 blocks from the Illinios river and 7 miles from the Mississippi. Hope to hand him the keys to a good running boat when he comes home in september.

batt voltage was a little low will that keep it from shifting have it on charger will retest

Comment

clutch dogs were worn off for reverse and about 1/2 gone on forward side and pin through clutch dog was broken. welded the dogs to build back up and shaped back with a die grinder. cut a pin out of a old spade drill bit shank .003" smaller than old pin. all worked on muffs. went to the river and she's back in buisness this old boat will carry the mail!!!!! I guess this forum was not very help for me but IBOAT forum guided me through with enough info to tear doun and repare. THANKS IBOAT FORUM

Comment

Working...
      X