Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Alarm

Hi guys,
    My 1985 Johnson 70 VRO has started signalling the high temperature alarm seemingly for no reason. I went out for a fish this afternoon and about 45 minutes into the cruise the steady alarm started sounding. I immediately cut short the trip and headed back in with the alarm sounding the whole way back. At this point I must state that I am getting a steady warm stream from the telltale.
    After arriving home, a drive of some 30 minutes, I set up the water feed to flush the engine with cold water and turned the key to the on position. Without the motor turning over the alarm came on again immediately and on feeling the engine it was only luke-warm.
    Is it possible that the sensor is faulty or could there be a short in the remoter control box.

Any ideas please ?

May be oil alarm. with key on unplug a sensor until alarm goes off to find out what alarm is activated.
    Need to check compression to see if engine was damaged.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that, turns out it was low oil in the separate tank. What is intriguing though is that the tank is seethrough and is still one third full. Seems to be a huge margin for error in the low oil stakes. Topped it up - problem solved. Was under the impression that a steady alarm was reserved for temperature issues and the pulse for oil.

Comment

Working...
      X