Buy Johnson Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump vacuum line that sucks! Literally!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump vacuum line that sucks! Literally!!!

Hopefully the title gave you a chuckle. I've got an 84 ranger 335-v with a 140 Johnson that is 100% original. Turned out to be money very well spent. Put her in the shop for compression check to make sure everything was okay. They said it checked out and they got her running just fine. I also had the vro disconnected and the impeller changed since it didn't cost me much more. This was done in the fall last year because I'm restoring her. All that's left is paint and carpet. So I took the boat out last weekend (couldn't resist) and obviously had issues. I pulled the carbs and was pissed to find them all gummed up so back to the shop it went. Mind you I already paid for it to be running. After getting her back again I went to the lake and HUGE improvement. Except I basically had no hole shot. It took me 100 yards to get on plane. So I just buzzed around with the trolling motor for a bit then headed home. I found a vacuum line that was disconnected. No biggie I thought as I hooked it back up. About 30 min later I light bulb went off in my head. My fuel pump runs on vacuum. So I finish eating and head up to my shop. On the way I realized I had moved my entire fuel line with no resistance when I took the carbs off. I know I could have skipped the story buuuuut I'm off work and clearly bored. My problem is that I don't know which fuel pump to use or where on earth my nipple for the vacuum line is. The original pump (which is MIA) is for a vro setup. Can it handle the 50:1 mix? Or should I go with a different pump? I feel that is the easy one to take care of. The real booger is finding where in the world my vacuum line goes. I know it goes to one of the cylinders but I can't seem to find anything. There is one line that is plugged and zip tied but I think it went to the vro. I can email pictures or pm me with phone number and I'll text pics

Using premix in a VRO is ok. Fuel pump should have a vacumn hose going to pulse fitting on bottom of intake manifold.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X