1992 Johnson 48 spl. Cuts out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Johnson 48 spl. Cuts out

My motor runs great at full throttle under load and then bogs down after about 5 minutes, motor is not hot, I just replaced ignition module, I have heard that because of its location that it could overheat, is that possible or could it be a fuel issue? I pulled out the thermostat and the seal around it is cracked, would this send a signal through the heat sensor that the motor is overheating? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, mike.

Remove and clean carbs to see if solves it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Did not use the air gap ring when I installed the power pack and stator so I think it's not gaped correctly and when it gets warm it is dropping a cylinder. Carbs are fine. The UFI was a poor design. And was changed back in 1994. I can always get the conversion kit which puts the power pack on the outside of the block. I will update.

Comment

You're running out of fuel because you have a fuel restriction somewhere or your fuel pump's performance is marginal. The next time it happens, reach back and squeeze the primer bulb a few times. If squeezing the primer bulb solves the problem, then you know FOR SURE that it is a fuel issue.

Comment

Working...
        X