Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Manual selection

Hi All,
    Ok, I've read enough posts to know that I have to buy a service manual if I'm going to do the link/sync setup, although it is killing me to spend the money just for this one thing.
    I'm looking at the Evinrude/johnson Outboard Shop Manual: 2-70 Hp Two-stroke-1995-2003 from Clymer. Does anyone have any input if the Clymer manuals have the details needed to get me through this?
    I've looked at outboardbooks.com but they only go up to 1996. I have a 2000 30hp, model J30EVLSIA
    Thanks for your input.

I can't give you any specific answers about Clymer's outboard manuals; all of my experience to date has been a few decades wrestling with cars. Over the years, I've NEVER regretted getting the OEM manuals for anything I've worked on, even if they do cost a good bit more. They pay for themselves on the first job you do for yourself. The Clymer manuals, at least in the automotive world, are OK to get started, but just aren't as clear and as model specific as the real deal. The Chilton manuals are much better, but I don't know if they do outboards. I just ordered and received the OEM manual for my Johnson 8 hp sailmaster, and it's very detailed and clear. Definitely worth the money.

Just my 1/50th o' a buck...

Best to you,

Barry

Comment

Thanks for your input Barry. I guess I'll look out for the OEM.

Comment

Working...
      X