Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped running

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the thread and new to Johnsons. I have a 2001, 30hp Johnson. Model J30EVLSIA. I've had it for 3 years now and have had it serviced at a shop up until now. I'm trying to save money in repairs so I'm taking it upon my self now. At the end of the season last year (I held out until the end of November) on my last trip back to the marina the engine stopped running.

It has been starting to run rough on the trip to the cottage. The next day coming back it was running even rougher, stalling constantly. The only way I could keep it running was by pumping the gas line bulb with my foot as I drove. As soon as I stopped pumping, the engine would stall. Eventually, even doing that the engine wouldn't keep running. Luckily, there was still one cottager left on the river who pulled me in.

I'm guessing it might be the fuel pump but wanted to get people's opinons before working on it.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
    Thanks
    Tim

Probably a bad fuel pump or loose fuel hose connections.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Hi All,
      I'm finally able to start work on this engine.
      I was able to get it running but it is running rough.
      Compression is good.
      I've put a new primer bulb in and the pressure (in the bulb) is maintaining, so I think I can rule out the fuel pump and bulb. The gas is fresh, so it is not that.
      Here is a link to a video.
      Any suggestions on what I should look at next?
      M2U00230 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
      Thanks
      Tim.

Comment

May need to clean carbs.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X