copperdozer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copperdozer

Hi i have a 1989 johnson 25 hp outboard.i was on the lake and motor would not idle without sneezing.I have replaced carb season before also reset all adjustments.So i took to shop and they indicated i had lost cd2.Had lost spark and i had been running on one cyl.Seems odd that would happen after all checks for spark and other adjustments.Had been done.The shop didnt do all tests required.Should i replace powerpack or not.If something else wrong might be wrong.

Sneezing is a sign of lean running condition, usually dirty low speed circuit in carbs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

ok i have located lean condition after a little tuning.Replaced power pack as per shop.As you can see i thought their shop was way to costly.So i replaced my self.Ran test on all other parts in the ignition system.Also took carb apart for yearly cleaning.Also they had indicated at the shop the prop was wrong pitch.I had 11x9,replaced it with 101/4x13.had some prop ventilation with that prop.Had my buddy in boat with me have not ran alone yet.I dont have tac so not sure what wot is but top end on plane was good.I think 13 degrees might be to much.14FT bottom boat with about 600lbs weight need advice,before buying half dozen props.Also power pack was from 93 johnson.Not sure if upgraded or from factory.

Comment

Working...
      X