1989 200 johnson fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 200 johnson fuel issue

Anyone with advice thanks,,,,,,,,,i have a 1989 basscat wit a1989 200 Johnson on it,,,,,I just recently bought it as is,,,,,,,,I machine and build automotive race engines,,,,32 years exp,,,,,so Im not a complete idiot LOL,,,,,,,,the guy I bought it from said it runs good but loads up on idle,,,,,,,I brought the boat home cleaned bought fuel tanks out and cleaned and added fresh fuel,,,,,,,,,I took it to the lake and it fired right up,,,,,,after letting run few mins I took off and it does seem to load up on idle and mid throttle ,,,but once you get into the high speed jets it ran really good on top end,,,,,,,GPS, said 64mph my question is the guy told me that he dis connected the VRO andhe disconnected the vro pump completely,,,,,,,,,,,,he added a electric fuel pump with a toggle switch,,,,,,,,,,,its a mr gasket micro pump and it puts out 5 to 7 psi,,,,,,,,,,I have a factory manual and it calls for 3psi with the vro pump at 800 rpm I thought maybe fuel pressure overcoming needle and seat,,,,,,,Ive taken off carbs and looked at them seem to b very clean and with hand pump 7psi didn't unload the seat ANY IDEAS? my manual only gave a at 800 rpm pressure but no wot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for any advise

Probably need to get rid of electric fuel pump and install 5007422 Pre-Mix conversion fuel pump
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X