Johnson 15 HP 1987 J15RCUD questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson 15 HP 1987 J15RCUD questions

Hello, I am new to the forum, and appreciate your help. I am rebuilding my engine, and have a few questions I was hoping to get some help with:

-The Air silencer has a dime size hole in the rear. It does not show up on the schematic. Is this ok, or should there be a plug or some type of connection to something?

-I pulled the gearcase to do a water pump service. The kit came with a small O-ring, apparently intended to go on the driveshaft on the top into the powerhead. However, none come off when I pulled the shaft. Is it likely still in place? I have tried putting the shaft in and out several times, but nothing comes out. My driveshaft does not even appear to have the O-ring grove described in a repair manual I have. What would you do?

-The water pump kit came with 2 shaft seals. I recall reading somewhere there may be some necessity to use both. There was only one when I dis-assembled. What should I do?

Otherwise, everything has been pretty straight forward. Thanks for your help!

Hole in silencer is ok.
    The oring goes on top of water pump housing, housing needs one seal, some kits include two sizes of seals use best fit.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X