Help identifying a key switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a key switch

Hello all...New to the forum but I suspect I'll be posting often...lol ... I'm working on a 1995 Johnson Outboard J50OTLEOD ... It came with a console from a pontoon that I won't be using but will be using the components from it... The key switch has 6 pins starting from 9 oclock and rotating clockwise they are S C A M B H(?) Not sure about the H... S had Yellow/red, C Purple/white, A Black, M Red/Purple, and H Black/Green... I need help identifying this switch... The key was lost and I can't seem to find a replacement...There is a number 224 on the base and a small 4 stamped on the side. no other numbers...I'm thinking just getting a new switch instead of a key since it did set out in the weather awhile... below are some pics...I would appreciate any help....Thanks..Max

Looking a little closer I believe the H is actually an M.... it's also a different kind of connector...It mounts flat as opposed to the other 5 which mounts on their side...Hope this helps...

Comment

I also may consider a replacement key if someone can help me search that out... I assume the 224 is the key number but what series do I order?

Comment

key

Did you look at this part 0508180 - IGNITION SWITCH it is for a 1995

Comment

That is 0508180 key switch
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks guys...I will order ... the one from boats net...I assume that comes with a key??? not much of a description... is the posts on the back have the exact letters ...hopefully not a dumb question but in my search I did see some that had different letters...b i s maybe something else but I just want to be sure.... Thanks again for all your input

Comment

Working...
            X