Buy Johnson Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 Johnson 40 hp manuel tilt problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Johnson 40 hp manuel tilt problems!

Hi Everyone

New to the the forum and need help with my manuel tilt on my 1993 Johnson 40 hp outboard. The motor is on my 1993 Bass Tracker I bought new in 93. The tilt release handle on the right side of the motor mount seems to be working, but the motor will not raise while pulling up on the foot. I do not have any information on the manuel tilt mechanism and how it works. Any information would be very helpful so I can start troubleshooting this problem.

Thanks Ronnie

It probably has the tilt assit cylinder, if so not a lot you can do with those except replace it if it stops working.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was able to raise the motor after removing a plug from I believe is the hyd reservoir and relieving the pressure in the cylinder. I think my problem maybe in the manuel valve. I have searched several part sites and have only found the hyd cylinder and not the valve assy that go with it. If you know of a site that may have this part please let me know. Thanks again.

Comment

What is your model number and I will help you locate manual valve for the power trim and tilt.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

1993 Johnson 40 hph--model # TJ40ELETB. Thanks for your help.

Comment

It's number 8 in this link 1993 TJ40ELETB Evinrude / Johnson Johnson Outboard POWER TRIM-TILT "B" MODEL NUMBER SUFFIX ONLY Diagram and Parts
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, this parts break down will be very helpful in removing the valve and getting replacement parts.

Comment

I have just gotten a 1993 tracker with the same model # as yours. I was wondering if you would mind sharing some information from your owners manual if you have one. I can't find a owners manual on either the boat or motor. I have searched everywhere. This is my first boat and I'm lost.

Comment

Working...
                X