Power pak wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power pak wiring

I have a Johnson power pack #582556. It is for a 150TL796. The wiring of the original pak has a differant wire sequence than the replacement. The original harness for the 3 ignition coils is a pattern of:black yellow trace, orange green trace, orange, and orange blue trace. The replacement pak(above part number) is black yellow trace, orange, orange green trace, and orange blue trace. It appears that the orange and orange green trace have been switched in the connector. Is this normal for the new pak, or is it mis-wired? Original part is #058933.
    Thanks

What is exact model number on bracket?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

The correct model # on bracket is: 150TL79C And for good measure, yhe serial # is J5189803

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreen View Post
        Sorry for the misprint. The correct model # on bracket is: 150TL79C And for good measure, the serial # is J5189803

Thank You
        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Should be o/green to bottom cylinder, orange to middle and o/blue to top cylinder.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I know. I have the wiring diagram. The power pak has a quick connect that is wired incorrectly.If I plug it in as is, the green and orange will be transposed. Do I send the new part back, or start cutting wires to correct the wiring

Comment

You can attempt to send it back, most places usually do not accept electrical items for return. If they will not, then you can remove the pins from the connector and rearrange to match. Prior to doing so, I recommend contacting BRP directly and verify the parts is actually defectively wired. Sometimes the manufacturers will alter wire colors without informing.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks, will do.
                mrgreen

Comment

Working...
                X