Aluminum float chamber assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum float chamber assembly

Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a question about some parts I ordered that came in yesterday. I ordered two 0437214 float chambers for my Johnson VJ90MLETS because the original plastic ones were warped. When I opened them I read the instructions and found that the intermediate jets from my plastic float chambers were the wrong thread pitch for the new aluminum float chambers. I went on boats.net and ordered new 0333459
    jets. My question is how can I be sure that the jets I ordered are going to be the 8-32 thread that I need and not the 1/4-20 that I already have? This is the only part number available and I would assume that because the plastic chambers aren't available anymore that the new jets will be the right size for the aluminum chambers but I would like to hear from someone that has done this before just to be sure. Thanks in advance.

The bowls should have the same thread pattern. I am uncertain as to why the threads are different.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

The instructions that come with the float chambers tell you that the intermediate jets from the plastic bowl are 1/4-20 thread and that the new aluminum float requires jets of the appropriate orifice size but #8-32 threads. I just want to make sure that the ones I ordered are going to be the 8-32 thread that I need. I assure you the 1/4-20 jets will not work without tapping new threads in the holes.

Comment

I am uncertain that the jet purchased will work, unfortunately no descriptive information is provided. I recommend contacting BRP if the jets do not work.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you for trying. I will post on here whether they work or not so if anyone else has the same question they will know. I have searched the internet trying to find info on this and I haven't been able to find anything.

Comment

Well I got the jets in today and unfortunately they are the same 1/4-20 thread jets that I already have. Why would they change the float chamber and not offer the jets you need to make it work? I'm really frustrated with this entire process. First you order the replacement part, then when it get's here you find out you don't have all you need to make it work, then you find out that you can't even order the parts you need. I'm thinking about tapping the new aluminum bowls to the 1/4-20 threads and forget about it. I have a tournament next weekend and this seems like my only option to get my boat going.

Comment

Just an update so hopefully I can help someone that might need it. I called a local dealer and they gave me the part number of the jets that I need. The part number for the #8-32 thread 26 orifice is 324652. I searched for this part number on boats.net and it didn't show to be a good number. A dealer about two hours from here had them in stock and he is shipping them to me. Just a suggestion to boats.net, you should really keep this orifice in stock because the 0437214 float chamber will not work without it. It would also be nice if there was a note on the page when you order the float chamber that you also need different jets and maybe a list of part numbers according to engine size.

Comment

Working...
              X