Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J140PX4SRS Cylinder Block

Hi Guys

I'm a newbie and unfortunately I have a major problem with my 2004 140 HP 4ST O/B.

I've had the boat and motor since new and have serviced and maintained it as per the manufactures instructions and then some. Although the engine is eight years old it has only done 161 hours but at a recent service the mechanic informed me that the cylinder block is cracked. When he pulled the motor down he said that if he didn't know me and how I looked after my boat/engine and other equipment he would put the damage down to the motor never being flushed.

The Johnson cylinder block part# is 5034543 but apparently there are none available. Given that this motor is a badged Suzuki DF 140 can anyone give me the equivalent Suzuki part # that will be compatible with my motor.

The other and more important question is given that I flush my motor for not less than five to ten minutes after every use and store it with the leg down what action can I take that I haven't already to prevent this from happening when the new block is fitted?

I would really appreciate some quick responses because I've already promised the Grandkids that I will take them out fishing in the Christmas holidays.

Regards

Sparrow

The Suzuki power head number for 2004-2006 DF140 is 10002-92812. Not sure of your weather conditions, but if it gets below freezing, be sure to drain water from system. Trimming motor all the way down before storage, should allow excess water to drain.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

J140PX4SRS Cylinder Block

Hi

Thank you for your prompt reply. Is the power head the same as a cylinder block?

The weather conditions are not a problem - I live in Sydney Australia.

Regards

Sparrow

Comment

10002-92812 is a short block assemble will not come with cylinder head.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

J140PX4SRS Cylinder Block

Hi

Thank you for the clarification - much appreciated.

Regards

Sparrow

Comment

Working...
          X