1984 25 Johnson problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1984 25 Johnson problem

I have cleaned the carburator out( soaked it in carburator clean for 30 minutes) and put a carburator kit , replaced the fuel line and tank , sparks plugs, power pack and charging coil in my 25 johnson , the motor runs but not at full throttle until I remove the gas line after I am up on a plane and then the motor runs at full throttle , if I replace the fuel line the motor slows down but barley stays on a plane.
    I purchase the parts at boats.net very good prices .
    Last edited by bk25johnson; 11-26-2012, 12:15 PM.

The problem kinda sounds like the fuel pump is bad , leaking internally . I can squeeze the primer bulb and no gas leaks out of the fuel pump or poor vacuum . I did do a compression check the bottom cyclinder is 95 lbs and top is around 93 lbs .

Comment

also I forgot to mention when I try and pump the primer bulb when it is running above a plane the motor wants to stumble .

Comment

Could definately be the fuel pump. If the motor stumbles at idle when squeezing the bulb, then fuel pump is a strong possibility. If not the fuel pump, you are likely still having carburetor problems.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you sir , I will put a kit in the pump , If that does not work then back to the carb . Will let you know the outcome .

Comment

thank you sir it was the fuel pump . The motor runs great now , thanks

Comment

Working...
            X