Johnson Outboard ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Outboard ???

Should the water outlet from the cooling system run a full stream at all times? It's a 25 HP long shaft. I don't remember the year but it's the last year for the 2 Stroke.

Hadn't run the motor since September so I hooked the water hose to the shaft, fired the engine & there was no water through the exit. Called the local dealer & he said these late models were hard to flush & suggested I put it in the water. I did so yesterday & upon starting the engine the exit ran a full stream. I motored up river about a mile & floated/fished back to where I put in. I fired the engine to make another pass but there was no water coming from the exit. I did run the engine for some time & noticed only a few drops from time to time. Thus the question above.

BTW I destroyed the last water pump by starting the engine with water frozen in the system. The local dealer installed a new pump this spring. Don't think I have over 20 hours on this one.

Comment

It is possible that the cooling system may have debri clogging it. Try blowing through the exit hole with compressed air. If the boat is ran with out water for any amount of time, can cause the impeller to burn up.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
        It is possible that the cooling system may have debri clogging it. Try blowing through the exit hole with compressed air.
        I'll give it a try......Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X