1987 Johnson 110 VRO need fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Johnson 110 VRO need fuel pump

My brother just gave me a boat last week and he told me that the only thing the motor needed to run is a fuel pump. Well i have been looking for a new fuel pump online and they haven't been easy to find but the one i found was a VRO pump and it was $400. My brother in law says that you dont have to use a VRO pump on a VRO engine he says you can take a pump from another model of the Johnson 110 and use it. Anyone here have any suggestions? He knows a good bit about outboards but he is known to redneck rig stuff and i dont like doing that i want it to be reliable.

I have heard of people attempting the older style fuel pump swaps, but have no personal experience. There is a fuel pump premix kit available, however it is in the same price range.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

ok that is what i figured I found a new VRO pump on ebay for $300 so its a $100 cheaper I will just have to bite the bullet and spend the money. If I am not mistaken I think it was even boats.net that was the ebay store but I am not certain. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X