Carberator for 1985 Johnson 70 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carberator for 1985 Johnson 70 HP

Have a 1985 Johnson 70 hp powerhead, sitting on top of 1972 Electric shift unit. I have no model number for head. It has 3 Carberators on the head and having trouble with lower carberator. Number on body of carberator is 313355. I need number for replacement carberator and the kit.

That carb number is not listed, recheck that number on carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

1985 Johnson 70 hp Carb

That is the only number on it and it is very easy to read.

Comment

They are two carbs listed for that model depending on number on carb and that number doesn't match either one, But most all the carbs for that year model are no longer available.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Unfortunately I did not see the part number required, however both carburetor assemblies that you are looking for are no longer available. You can try salvage parts companies or places like ebay.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

those are the 72 carbs

Originally posted by Krazyjan View Post
            See attached photo. Need replacement part.
            Those appear to be 65hp carbs. 1972. The same as your electric shift lower unit. top carb 385128, bottom carb 385129, middle 385130. no longer available. BUT
            you can get a matching set of three 70 hp carbs off an auction site. you'll pick up a little power to boot. Most likely the carb doesnt need to be replaced as much as cleaned correctly. I have the same carbs. Been using them for 25 years. I have a 1972 Evinrude 65hp. And a 1978-70hp Johnson,,, you have the low speed mixture screws hangin out the top of the carbs. you dont see those after 72. except maybe on a 75hp stinger or hustler in some years.
            Last edited by 1984superhawk16ft; 01-07-2013, 05:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I have NEW 313355

Originally posted by Krazyjan View Post
              See attached photo. Need replacement part.
              Krazyjan,
              If you are interested in buying a new carburator, #313355, i have one. I bought an old marina, and have one here brand new.
              Cost $50.
              contact me at Ringo's Lakeside Marina - Welcome! if interested.
              Cathy

Comment

Working...
              X