wtaer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtaer problems

I guys I have a problem with my 1985 120hp johnno.Not getting water thru my thermostats.Not sure what to do.

Have you replace the water pump impeller, housing and checked all the water pump seals?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

water problems

No I havent checked because the motor was a rebiult one from a marine shop and apparently a kit was put in.Do ya suggest putting whole engine into a tank a running it.There is water coming out but just not thru the the thermostats.The motor has also been sitting for coupla yrs as well.
      Last edited by craigf; 10-31-2012, 05:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to add info

Comment

Yes you should run in tank, but if water is not getting up to the thermostats try clearing all the water passages with compressed air. If this does not help you may need to replace the water pump impeller. It is recommended to change the water pump impeller every 2 years regardless of use.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

water problems

Hi I can do that.If i Tkae the thermostats covers off and blow into the water jacket where should I expect the air to come out.Also another thing which is a pain is that If I run the motor on one day and dont do it for another coupla days I have to more or less use ether because it wont start by itself even when I prime it.Any ideas.

Comment

You should here the air come out of the lower unit. On a day it dont start check compression and spark. But sound like you maybe having fuel priming issues.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I had a surprise the other day after the last comment a bloke I know came around and it started after after 3 days so there is am improvement.As for the water the water comes out clumpy not free flowing so I will put a kit in on thurs.If I drop the g/box the water pump should relatively easy to get to.Right!

Comment

Yes, is located at the top of the gearcase.
                Regards
                Boats.net
                Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                X