engine bogging down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine bogging down

I have a 2004 15 hp johnson ,when i give it full throttle it bogs right down i tried changing plugs but no result. It has been sitting in garage since last year and the carb. was replaced last year.

You need to remove and thoroughly clean the carburetor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I cleaned the carb. and still no results . after the engine sat for a while I tried starting and it seemed fine then all of a sudden it started bogging down. so I checked the fuel filter and it was fine . and stillno results

Comment

If you have repaired the carburetos again, then the try pumping the primer bulb when engine is running, see if motor picks up. Check for spark and compression.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

update on bogging down

So I changed the jets ,checked for spark which it has and it has compression,so after putting it all back together it was running fine until it jumped into gear. After I shut it down and restarted it it was /is running like crap again. Any ideas ????

Comment

Does it pick-up when you pump the bulb, try shooting silicone spray through the throat of the carburetor, if it picks up then you are having a fuel issue, if it dies out or looses rpm, then you are having ignition problems.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X