92' 120VRO needing a diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92' 120VRO needing a diagnosis

Here it goes, hopefully someone can successfully pinpoint my problem here. I have a johnson 120 VRO (disconnected) that is having some issues staying running when running at a high speed. I took a video that I linked below so it would help. My first thought was it may something may be clogged up like fuel/water separator or priming bulb collapsing and preventing a steady supply of fuel for the motor at high speed but I replaced them both before taking it out today so it seems that is not the problem. The motor will run fine all day at low speed and is not overheating as the motor is only warm after running it fast or slow and is cycling water just fine through the system. As in the video it will run for about 35-40 secs before cutting out , it will start then die when put into gear after. So anyone have any ideas? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help that can be provided.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD7-G...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Mr.Thirsty; 08-29-2012, 12:13 AM.

When you pump the primer bulb back up will it run another minute? Sounds like a fuel supply problem. Should look into fuel pump next.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X