Johnson 40 RK-30c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson 40 RK-30c

Hello everyone I am new to the site and I wanted to introduce myself. A few days ago I recieved a Johnson 40 model number RK-30c in trade. I think it is a 1968 model year but I am not sure. I know nothing about boats and I have never owned one. I would like to get a boat soon, I am in no rush because I want to do my home work so I buy the right boat the first time. Like I said I have no knowledge of boats but I have been a auto mechanic for over 10 years. I got the johnson running yesterday and it seems to run pretty good (yes i had it in a barrel of water). The guy that sold my the outboard also gave me the wiring harness, steering wheel and cables, throttle/shift control, and a bilge pump.

My main concern is this a decent motor to hold on to and invest any time and money into? I noticed it has electric shift, I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing but either way I need to get my hands on a wiring diagram so I can figure out how it works.

Any advice on my johnson 40 will be greatly appreciated. If it's a good motor and worth fixing up I will do that and if not I will cut my losses and move on. I paided almost nothing for it so it's not a huge deal if it's better off as a boat anchor instead of a boat motor.

Thanks everyone,
    Jay

The motor is a good motor, however due to its age, major parts are becoming difficult to obtain.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X