1993 Johnson 15HP Outboard - Mint/Showroom New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Johnson 15HP Outboard - Mint/Showroom New

Hello. This is my first post and I was interested in finding out more about a 1993 Johnson 15HP (long shaft) outboard that was recently left to me by a deceased relative. It literally has two hours TOTAL in fresh water on it from 1993 — otherwise its been kept in a bedroom closet — seriously. It is in absolutely mint SHOWROOM PERFECT condition — not a scratch or any sign of wear to be found anywhere. While I would love to use it, I'm almost feeling guilty about the prospects of doing so — its a very, very rare one to be sure and I don't know if I should sell it, use it, store it, tuck it in my guest bed — yikes. Any ideas about who might want such a special collector's item? Any other forums, collector groups, etc. I'm almost afraid to own it. Thanks in advance for any opinions and/or advice.

I am sure if you find the right collector you can get some money for it. But whether you use it or just store it is completely your decision.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply. I got so enthralled with my description, I actually forgot to enter my real question, which is: Given this motor (1993 Johnson 15HP motor) has not run or even been started for nearly 20 years, what would you advise me to do outside of checking fluids, spark plugs, etc. I'm sure things deteriorate with time, used or not. Anything I should specifically address with this? Thanks.
      Last edited by hammackboy; 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM. Reason: Forgot name of motor

Comment

Well, start with changing the water pump impeller and a full service. (lower unit lube, spark plugs, etc). Chances are you will need to remove the carburetor and fuel pump and repair.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X