new guy with outboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy with outboards

Hi all,just picked up a 1993 Grady with twin 175 ocean runners this year ib July,Im new with outboards and have not gotten any manuals as of yet so i have a few questions,first which manual should i look at getting some say Seloc others say something else,second,if im going to replace T-stats are there 2 on each motor and should i replace stat spring o-ring and cover on each one? need to replace plugs ,need to know which ones to run and what gap setting. that should do it for now,thanks for any info in advance......John

The following link is for the manual.
    Original outboard product and service manuals for Johnson, Evinrude, Gale, and OMCYes replace the orings.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

ok..will check model numbers this weekend on motors....need to get that manual...the stat covers seem to be plastic.....do the pry off or unscrew??....also checked lower unit oil....seems to be getting a little milky in color....gonna change it and see what happens

Comment

The thermostat covers unbolt then should come off. You likely have a bad propeller shaft seal in the lower unit, causing water in lower unit.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X