Power Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Loss

ok i'm going crazy with this I have a 200TLX77C my motor was boging at wot than she tried to pick up than bog so on. What i've done so far rebuilt the fuel pumps,and carbs still same problem there,than i tried another fuel tank same also had a guy pump the bulb seemed like it got a little better but still there. So the last thing i've done was remove the water separtor empty that than put it back on now the bogging is gone but seems like at wot i hear her fine but the power for wot is not there now but was there before with the bogging please help !!!!!!

Check your timing advance, make sure that the trigger plate is moving properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

ok maybe someone can help with this back at it again. Now I've tried all possible fuel issues not the problem what she is doing i take her out give her wot she goes for about 30 secs lets say gets off plain than bogs down to 3k rpm's and stays there, if i lay off the trottle for a couple in nutrual than go back to wot she goes until off plain than back to 3k rpm's,what i'm getting at is could this be a stator problem? I just don't want to replace something that is not broke plz help thanks in advance

Comment

If you purchase a service manual, all the ignition components can be tested (except the powerpack).
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok thanks can you point me to the tester the book is talking about inline spark tester not sure what one to buy is it the one from cdi neon one ??

Comment

ok just getting more input wondering if this is true talked to a tech at CDI today and i was told to take the two yellow wires off my refictier than run the boat if the problem is gone than i know i need a stator if the problem is still there he told me to buy which i did already QL77JC4 plugs when the problem accurs leave in wot shut the boat off and take the plugs out to look at color ect.... is a this true ??

Comment

The two yellow wires are the charging output from the stator. You should try his suggestion and post your results.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok I've tried that no luck not sure what my next step should be but can someone tell me or point out how to check the carbs again or adjust ?

Comment

To sync, you back the idle screw all the way out, close all the butterflies, then sdjust the idle screw back.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Ok back again I was told this problem I'm having could be my shift switch can someone tell me where this is and how to test for it plz ?

Comment

The neutral safety switch is located in the control box. But should not cause your symptoms.
                      Regards
                      Boats.net
                      Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

But could it cause my issue ?

Comment

Working...
                        X