Johnson 150 information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson 150 information

2002 J150PLSNF 20" shaft motor was purchased in the crate in 2005 with two year warranty. Got a new powerhead just one year later. A complete cleaning of carbs I found I have 36 low-speed(air orifice) jets and 62D high-speed main jets which is indicated for a J150PXSNF 25" shaft motor. Every website and microfiche I can find anywhere plus several mechanics and dealers have told me I should have 30 air and 72D mains?????? HELP???

The book says 72 on PL models and 62 on PX models.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanx for the response. How in the world could that happen: someone on the production line grab the wrong set of carbs? I installed 30 on the air and ran it on the muffs this weekend, the idle after setting the fuel screws at 5 1/2 turns is just as nice as can be at 800rpm. Is 5 1/2 turns in the ballpark?

Comment

That seems like a lot turns but need to have it in water to properly adjust.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Now with the proper 30 air and 72D high speed jets the motor runs well but seems a little rich at idle and WOT. I believe I should take the time to adjust the fuel screws in 1/4 or 1/2 turn in at a time and test. Do the fuel screws have an affect on the high speed circuit also?? , even negligible?

Comment

No the air screws will only effect the low speed circuit.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X