200 hp johnson water pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 hp johnson water pressure

I have a 1989 gt-200, just changed water pump with a new kit last month, third time out the water pressure will drop when giving throttle and then alarm will sound, I'm thinking I have a seal leaking some where, is it possable for the grommet at the top of the water tube to be bad and if so how do I change it?

Need to start with water pump, inspect impeller and housing closely for damage. Check thermostats and pressure control valve to see if working properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Can you tell me where the pressure control valve is located? thanks..

Comment

I located the pressure control valve, can you tell me how to check it and if it is bad is there one on a different motor that will work on mine as mine is obsolete now, thanks for any info. you can give me.

Comment

Just check the spring for major corrosion or wear, check the valve for damage.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I checked everything and all looks good, I did notice that the schematic shows #48 a part called thermostat cup part # 0330273 and neither of my thermastats have this part, could this be the problem maybe or is this something that isnt put on anymore? Thanks for any imput you may have.I would really like to get back fishing.

Comment

It should be there, thermostat may not work well without it.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Can anyone tell me if this motor has a fuel restriction horn or not, it is a 1989 GT-200 VRO MODEL J200STLEB thanks..

Comment

It does not have a fuel restriction alarm, it does have a no oil alarm.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
                  X