Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 175HP Johnson Idling issue

Hi Guys,

Was hoping I might be able to get some help and input.

I have a 2003 175HP 60 degree Johnson. Engine runs great. Ran great forever. Out of no where I have an idling issue. Engine starts on half a crank and runs smooth. Runs at like 1,100 rpm like it's supposed to. It has the quick start feature so once warm it is suposed to then drop down to normal idle at 800rpm. It always did that. Well now after 5-10 seconds it revs up to 1,500-1,700rpms and sits there idling way to fast.

I replaced the temp sensor on the port side thinking that was it as it failed me in the past and by replacing it the quick start feature went back to normal.

I have checked all the linkages to make sure nothing is hanging up. Everything seems fine from the controls back to the engine as far as linkage.

I'm thinking the power pack is fried. Engine is 9 years old and I put 250hrs or more on it a year so roughly 2,500hrs.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I bring it somewhere. I do my own maintence when I can and can replace the power pack but don't want to be guessing.

Thanks a bunch

Could be the primer circuit. If you are not loosing spark then I would not suspect the power pack.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X