70 v-pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 v-pro

where can i find the serial # on this motor? is it stamped on the block somewhere?

Trim and Till

Hi every one, I'am going to be very please with any help to solve my problem. Thanks.
    Johnson 1998, 225 HP. I replacedseals and "O" rings to the mechanism. I think this job came out very good, my problem is that i don't know the presedures to add oil properly (I'm using the right type of oil) The mechanism is jammed it doesn't go up and down, i bleed it from the reservoir cap but no enough it still jammed, some times it goes down but never up. Thank again.

Comment

Originally posted by koko44 View Post
      where can i find the serial # on this motor? is it stamped on the block somewhere?
      Some model do have a round plug on engine block with model number, if it's original powerhead.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by scale4882@bellsouth.net View Post
        Hi every one, I'am going to be very please with any help to solve my problem. Thanks.
        Johnson 1998, 225 HP. I replacedseals and "O" rings to the mechanism. I think this job came out very good, my problem is that i don't know the presedures to add oil properly (I'm using the right type of oil) The mechanism is jammed it doesn't go up and down, i bleed it from the reservoir cap but no enough it still jammed, some times it goes down but never up. Thank again.
        With motor trimmed up all the way top off fluid, use power trim/tilt fluid. Loosen manual release valve and allow outboard to go all the way down, lift back up by hand and top fluid off again. repeat a couple of times to get all the air out and then retighten manual release screw.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

70-v-pro

should it have numbers and letters ? or all numbers?

Comment

Both letters and numbers
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
            X