need help on 82 200 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on 82 200 hp

i just recently installed a 200 horse johnson and the tilt motor runs but doesnt move. the trim i believe is stuck cause the motor will not go high enough to prop the motor up to keep it from hitting. i can barely see the wires on the tilt trim motors as they were cut and a 4 wire trailer harness was added so colors dont match at all. have not got to try to start the motor yet cause the tilt trim is the bigger issue. i have looked online and cant find anything to help me. there are two wires coming from the tilt and two from the trim. can someone please help.

The factory Trim/Tilt only has two wires from the ptt motor.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

I also have an 82 200 with a tilt/trim issue. I have power, the rams will raise and lower but only without the weight of the engine on them.
      I will bleed the system (lock engine into trailering position, raise and lower the unit 4/5 times then refill the reservoir with the trim at the lowest position). I have tried this multiple times and the tilt will not be able to lift the motor.

Should I disconnect the large center ram from the motor then bleed the system or is there reason to suspect an internal failure?

Thanks,

Miles

Comment

Based on your explaination, you have an internal malfunction.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X