problem starting warm 70hp Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem starting warm 70hp Johnson

If I run my 70hp 2 stroke for 1/2 hour or more and then turn it off, it is very hard to start again while warm even with choke. Any suggestions?

When warm check your compression, also check fuel to make sure its not flooding when you shut engine off. May not hurt to change your spark plugs.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

OK Thanks. I checked plugs after a long run to check for fouling and they were all really good. Compression in a tank before the run were 130psi in all. When on the water I will repeat the exercise but this time check the plugs after it wont start and before using the choke. I have two 70hps and the other does not have a problem with starting warm.
      Both motors have their own problems from time to time.
      Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by milogf View Post
        If I run my 70hp 2 stroke for 1/2 hour or more and then turn it off, it is very hard to start again while warm even with choke. Any suggestions?
        Check spark when motor does not want to start. May be weak from ignition component failing while hot. Coils do not like heat. Neither do powerpacks, timing sensors, etc. This is a classic symptom of ignition component failure under hot conditions..... (Not guaranteeing that is it, of course.)

Comment

Working...
        X