Power Trim will not come up or down??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Trim will not come up or down??

Recently bought a used boat. Its powered by a Johnson 40 Model J40ELEUC. I replaced some seals and o-rings in the Power trim/tilt piston cap since it was leaking out of the top. Put everything back together. When I actuate the trim up or down the electric motor turns and I hear a gurgle sound..??? I serviced the reservoir, but the motor will not trim up or down...????

Sounds like there is air in the system, there is no easy or specific way to blead them. Make sure the releaf valve is closed.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Johnson Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by ruben.e.rivera View Post
      Recently bought a used boat. Its powered by a Johnson 40 Model J40ELEUC. I replaced some seals and o-rings in the Power trim/tilt piston cap since it was leaking out of the top. Put everything back together. When I actuate the trim up or down the electric motor turns and I hear a gurgle sound..??? I serviced the reservoir, but the motor will not trim up or down...????
      Keep trying to run it up and down after you have filled it with TNT fluid. It sometimes takes several attempts to purge the air out of the system.

Comment

Working...
      X